Gather for the Midwest’s largest gathering of early childhood, pediatric healthcare, and social work professionals! Our focus and framework will empower Healthy Start project directors, supervisors and direct service team members to reach your expected deliverables as regional grantees!
"Resilience-A Pea in a Pod"
Monday, February 12, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Greater Englewood Community Development Corporation
815 W. 63rd St., Chicago, IL 60621
• 9-9:15 am: Registration
• 9:15-9:20 am: Welcome
• 9:20-9:45 am: Healthy Start History, Timika Anderson-Reeves, MCH Partnership & Outreach Project Director, Access Community Health Network
• 9:45-10:15 am: Integrative Behavioral Health in Prenatal and Post-Partum Care, Janet Seabrook
• 10:15-10:30 am: Q & A
• 10:30-10:45 am: Break
• 10:45 am-12 pm: Dental, Mona Van Kanegan, DDS, MS, MPH, Illinois Department of Public Health
• 12-12:15 pm: Q & A
• 12:15-1:15 pm: Lunch
• 1:30-2:30 pm: Nancy Maruyama, RN, BSN, Executive Director, SIDS of Illinois
• 2:30-2:45 pm: Break
• 2:45-4:00 pm: Healthy Start National COIIN and Regional Collaborative Update, Anna Colaner, Ph.D., Director of Evaluation and Research, SGA Youth & Family Services
• 4:30 pm: Q & A, Closing
Midwest Healthy Start Program (MWHS), operated by SGA Youth & Family Services and funded by the U.S. Department of Health Resources and Services Administration, is dedicated to mobilizing, mentoring and leading regional grantees to decrease infant mortality rates collectively across the Midwest.
Additionally, MWHS provides community health education, holistic healthcare services and training in Chicago’s Avalon Park, Calumet Heights, Chatham, East Side, Hegewisch, Morgan Park, Roseland, South Chicago, South Deering, and Washington Heights communities. These services reduce infant mortality rates, improve infant health and increase maternal and newborn care.
SGA Youth & Family Services Roseland Office
c/o Midwest Healthy Start
420 W. 111th St.
Chicago, IL 60628
If you need assistance registering, please contact: